You Need to show up at Flower Mound Town Council Meeting
2121 Cross Timbers
Monday, Dec. 7th at 6:00 PM
- This is for all Town-Owned Streets.
- The Town and the Drilling Companies will be indemnified.
- Residents may be responsible for possible damage to their homes.
- Homeowners Insurance does not cover seismic activity damage
- Recent 2009 studies by the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ) showed dangerous levels of cancer-causing toxins in Denton County related to these types of facilities. A recent air quality study in Dish, Texas showed similar toxins in the air and prompted the Federal Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) to step in and demand more testing of the Barnett Shale air. (http://www.wfaa.com/news/State-Senator-Calls-for-Action-after-Cancer-Causing-Toxin-Found-in-Barnett-Shale-testing-68882797.html)
- Williams Production Company is the first company to request this zoning change, but all drilling companies (Red Oak, Titan, Keystone, and others) would have the right to take advantage of the new ordinances.