Thank you Al!
Thank you Steve!
What a privilege it has been to be associated with people of integrity, of class, and that hold a core set of values that restore my faith in our democratic processes.
This is a great day for Flower Mound and a day to celebrate. It's also a day to thank so many people, that worked so hard, for so long.
--The VOLUNTEERS. Simply amazing. Yesterday afternoon, a volunteer arrived at the polls and said that he had been driving around Town and it was amazing as there were NFL sign wavers everywhere: Bridlewood, Wellington, all up and down 2499, on Gerault, on Morris, and on and on. (The opposition had one person on the corner of 1171 and Kirkpatrick.) I knew then that we had won.
--The campaign managers. Unbelievable dedication and phenomenal organizational and motivational abilities, while always keeping the campaign message positive.
--Flower Mound Cares. Wow! What a great bunch of people that truly love this Town.
--And so many others who took it upon themselves to make a difference by:
- Becoming knowledgeable about the issues and then spreading the message
- Tirelessly walking their neighborhoods and getting the message out
- Writing letters to the editor, speaking at Town Council, and a myriad of other avenues of communications
- Putting up hundreds and hundreds of yard signs
- Being willing to do "whatever it took" to make this great day a reality--building databases, organizing phone banks, delivering yard signs, creating fliers and signs to address mis-information, standing on street-corners with signs to let people know the TRUTH...the list goes on an on
But as Scarlett O'Hara so famously said, "...tomorrow is another day."